More info about gołabki under recipe.
2 ways to go about it. You can make and cook your meat mixture formed to fit cabbage rolls or roll cabbage with raw meat then bake with tomato sauce on top.
- 1 head Cabbage, boiled for 2 minutes, until leaves are soft
Meat mixture (cevapi, with rice)a Croatian thing)
- 2lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup rice, cooked
- 4 garlic choves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp S&P
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Olive oil
Tomato sauce (I believe everyone should have their own personal sauce but canned is up to you, or follow my unmeasured recipe)
- 3lb tomatoes (I use Roma), crushed in pan or before using
- Basil, big handful, chopped)
- 3 Rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 large or 1 medium onion, chopped
- S & P (I use about 1/2 tsp of both)
- Olive oil
- Boil cabbage and let it drain until ready to roll
- Cook rice
- Start tomato sauce by sautéing onion then garlic in 2-4tbsp of oil. Add the rest and boil, then reduce heat and reduce mixture until desired consistency (at least 10 minutes).
- Then make your meat mixture and either preheat your oven to 375 or get another pan ready.
- Once sauce is done, either cook meat and roll with sauce on top, or bake raw mixture in rolled cabbage with sauce on top at 375 for about 45 minutes.
Gołabki is a traditional stuffed dish from Poland. I used a cevapi mixture along with my tomato sauce to make a good dinner.